Job Description for Programs Coordination
About: 40hr per week, min. 1 year Full-time.
Requirements: No students or people with other jobs, work experience necessary.
About Girls For Climate Action
We are a youth-Led Organization creating a generation that is mindful of the environment while putting young women and girls at the forefront because of their vulnerability to climate change impacts.
Our Core Programs;
The Young Environmentalist Program:
An environment education program for national and international schools.
The Climate Demonstration Hubs:
This is a curriculum based green-preneurship program specifically for women and girls in vulnerable communities.
Climate Leadership Programs:
Training youth and young professionals in climate leadership, and advocacy while influencing policy
The tasks of the programs coordinator include;
- Assist with planning and coordination of programs and their activities.
- Coordinating and ensuring timely reporting on activities .
- Updating the team and board on monthly progress
- Procuring resources needed for the programs
- Coordinating all trainers of the Young Environmentalist Program and the Climate Demonstration Hubs.
- Ensuring that all Program curriculum is reviewed before implementation.
- Monitor implementation of program policies and practices.
- Work to keep programs on schedule, within stated budgets and functioning smoothly
- Support program growth and development as necessary.
- Training at least 1 school or 1 community.
- University Degree in any discipline but environment is an added advantage.
- A young person between the age of 20 – 28 years.
- Relevant experience in leadership and management
- Relevant experience in working with a young team, youths and women.
- Strong communication skills
- Females are highly encouraged to apply.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Comfortable using outlook, thunderbird , Skype, zoom,Google Drive, Trello
What are we offering:
- 40 hours per week
- One-year Contract, three-month probation period
- Renewal likely
- Be part of a young, dynamic team.
- Bring in your own ideas and really make a difference!
How to apply?
Apply Here and tell us more about yourself.
Selected applicants will be invited to a job interview in Jinja.
We are looking forward hearing from you